... rows of 14 flower squares all crocheted together to make a lampshade for my workroom! I've needed a light source directly over my work table for quite a while now as my workroom is in our basement where it tends be quite dark, especially at this time of the year (I had a heck of a time trying to get some decent shots of the lampshade with it being so rainy and grey of late!). Initially, I had planned on making a different type of light fixture which would involve more work, but as I never seemed to get around to doing it and I have all this scrap yarn begging to be used, I decided to try out the idea of crocheting a lampshade onto an old wire shade form. I'm quite pleased with my new light source; while I have lots of lamps around the room, nothing beats an overhead light (especially a handmade one...) when you are working at a table! I'm particularly pleased with it when it's lit up at night and light shines through all the little holes... a bit of a magical touch to my dark space!
With the lampshade all done and hanging now, I have started to work on a batch of pillowcases with many new styles which I hope to share with you very soon and offer (at least) one up to you as a pillowcase giveaway to celebrate this wonderful time of the year.... So, stay tuned!
P.S. Thank you, Laurie, for including my pillowcase in your lovely treasure photos!